Thursday, May 29, 2014

Do Girls Get Better Grades Than Boys In Your School? (SSR)

I honestly believe that girls get better grades in my school and even in general. I believe that girls are more focused and mature but I am not saying that boys are dumb there are some really smart guys out there. I don’t know why this is but “by kindergarten, girls are more behaved, more sensitive, more persistent, more flexible and more independent than boys according to a newspaper Third Way, a Washington research group.” Also by eighth grade 48 percent of girls have a mix of A’s and B’s while only 31 percent of boys do, this may be because we are more focused like I stated before and a good amount of boys want future jobs they don’t believe you need any academic knowledge for like basketball, football or the military. Then again two of the experts quoted in the article pointing out that boys still do well in the best preforming schools, I believe this is because they know they are put in those school for a reason or have a idea of what they want to do in the future as in college. I really think it depends on the person but boys on average are more about sports and such so that probably affects their grades. A question in the article I got this topic from was “as a nation, what can we do to get more boys focused on doing well in school” a thing our school does for both genders is if your failing in school you cannot participate in the sport of your chose which I think this helps with keeping grades up but to change the chance of more boys getting higher grades our school should raise it to a requirement of at least a C+ in each class to participate in sports....

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment